Slab Leak Detection in Nashville
Protecting Your Property from Harmful Water Damage
Since slab leaks occur out of sight, beneath your home, how are you supposed to know when you have one? It can be difficult to determine exactly when you should schedule a slab leak detection service in Nashville. Our team at 615 Plumbing is here to help keep your system functioning as it should!
Do I Have a Slab Leak?
While we always recommend annual slab leak detection appointments, there are several signs you can look for in your home that indicate it’s time to book a slab leak service visit:
- Running Water When Taps Are Off: If you still hear running water in your home after you’ve turned off all of the taps in your house, there’s a good chance that there’s a leak in your home. If you don’t see any obvious signs of leakage in your home, it could indicate that there is a slab leak underneath your home.
- Damp or Wet Carpets: When a slab leak forms, it can cause water to rise above your home’s foundation. This can result in wet spots or general dampness in your carpeting. If you begin to notice damp or wet carpets in your home, it’s time to contact the pros.
- Musty Odor: As with most leaks, a slab leak creates an environment that is perfect for mold and mildew growth. If you begin to smell odors reminiscent of mold, mildew, or a general mustiness, this is a strong indicator that there is a leak somewhere in your home.
- Warm Spots On Your Floor: Warm spots springing up on your home’s floor could be a sign of a ruptured hot water line. And since you’re noticing this in your floors, it’s most likely a ruptured line beneath your home’s foundation, which means that you have a slab leak. Scheduling slab leak detection services with the team of professionals at 615 Plumbing will ensure that any leaks are identified and that repairs will be completed in a timely manner.
- Buckling or Warped Floorboards: If your floorboards are buckling or warping for no apparent reason, water damage from an undetected slab leak could be the culprit.
- Low Water Pressure: Turning on your shower or tap and seeing low water pressure is a good indicator of a leak somewhere in your home. If there are no obvious leaks, it could be caused by a slab leak below your home.
- Pooling Water on Your Floor: Unexplained puddles in your home are never a good sign, and unfortunately, water that is pooling on your floor without a clear source could be a sign of a slab leak.
- Standing Water Around Your Home: A slab leak can also cause water to pool outside of your home. If you notice standing water around your home’s foundation, it’s time to schedule a slab leak detection service with 615 Plumbing. The sooner you catch the slab leak, the sooner you can enjoy your yard free of puddles.
- High Water Bill: If your monthly water bill has skyrocketed far beyond its usual cost, there may be a leak in your home. If you haven’t noticed any obvious leaks on your own, you may have a slab leak unnecessarily wasting water.
- Cracks in Your Foundation and Walls: If you ever notice cracks in your home’s foundation slab, or cracks in your home’s walls, this could be a sign of a slab leak. Water seeping into your foundation or walls can cause cracks and other damage. To prevent these cracks from worsening, you’ll want to contact the professionals at 615 Plumbing for a slab leak detection service visit.
Call us at (615) 219-2080 or fill out our online contact form today to learn more about how we can assist you.
Why Choose 615 Plumbing?
What Makes Us Different
What do what's right for you, not what's right for us.
Don't wait weeks for an appointment. Book us same-day!
You can be confident you'll be happy when our team drives away.
Our team is fully licensed, insured, and vetted.
Potential Causes of Slab Leaks in Nashville
There are several different things that can lead to slab leaks developing beneath your home, and, unfortunately, most of them are difficult to predict or avoid. For example, shifting earth or soil beneath your home’s foundation can create friction against a pipe, or can put additional pressure on a pipe, potentially causing damage. Even the natural expansion and contraction of pipes as water runs through them can create abrasion if they come into contact with concrete, gravel, or other pipes. Consistent abrasion will lead to holes and cracks in your pipes, resulting in leaks. A poor installation job can also cause damage to your pipes, and can even damage your pipes before they are installed if they are dropped or dented.
With so many potential causes, a slab leak may seem inevitable. Luckily for local homeowners, frequent slab leak detection inspections from 615 Plumbing can help identify weakened or damaged areas in their pipes and repair them before they cause significant problems. In the event that our Nashville slab leak detection experts do find an issue, they will be able to diagnose the problem and recommend repair services in a timely manner.
Slab Leak FAQs
Are slab leaks common in local homes?
Slab leaks are quite common for the vast majority of homes, which includes those homes in our area. There are several causes for slab leaks, including dirt or soil shifting and poor installation. With so many potential causes, it’s important to call 615 Plumbing for regular slab leak detection services to make sure that when a slab leak develops under your home, it is caught early on and repaired before it can cause significant damage.
How does a 615 Plumbing plumber detect a slab leak?
A 615 Plumbing professional has access to a wide range of leak detection equipment. Depending on the location of your home’s slab leak, this can include drain inspection cameras, or acoustic disc and ground microphones. The acoustic disc and ground microphones can pick up the sounds of water escaping a pipe, which will help to narrow down the location of the slab leak.
What happens when you get a slab leak?
If your home ever develops a slab leak, it may go unnoticed for quite some time. You can take advantage of the slab leak detection services offered by the local plumbing experts at 615 Plumbing to identify the location of a slab leak. If a slab leak goes without detection, it may cause your home’s foundation to shift, which can cause significant damage. By utilizing slab leak detection services, you will be able to catch and repair slab leaks before they become serious hazards to your home.
Do you suspect that there may be a slab leak in your home? Call our team at (615) 219-2080 or fill out our online contact form today to schedule an appointment to get the issue handled quickly and professionally.
Hear From Our Happy Customers
Thousands of Families Successfully Helped
At 615 Plumbing, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what people have to say about working with us.
"He was able to arrive earlier than the time given"
I'm definitely keeping 615 Plumbing in my phone in case I'm ever in need of their services again.- Erika D.P.
"I’d definitely use them again!"
He found a good resolution and performed the task quickly.- Saundra D.
"The final result was a brand new tankless unit within 24 hours of calling."
I believe I made a great decision. Big thank you to Annie (phone rep), and Caleb (technician) for relieving a headache quickly!- Nick B.